cold hide glue shelf life

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 07:20:51 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0023_01C464BC.1992D920
"I used Franklin cold hide glue."

Cold hide glue has its place. When you need a long open time, you want a =
reversible glue joint, and you are not worried about the glue =
penetrating the material, cold hide glue can be a great adhesive. Hot =
hide glue, of course, also is wonderful in many applications.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Avery Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 12:01 AM
  Subject: Re: cold hide glue shelf life

  Terry,=20

  Just curious. Are you talking about the hide glue in the bottle or the =

  hide glue in a glue pot? The former I'd never use. The other I use
  all the time! :-)=20

  Avery=20

    So from this one experience I observed that old hide glue that is =
clear may still be good, while cloudy hide glue may not yield a good =
bond. I don't know if that is a definitive relationship, but I do know =
that if I ever see cloudy hide glue, I won't use it.
    =20
    From the TiteBond web site for cold hide glue: Storage life 12 =
months in tightly closed containers at 75=B0F.
    =20
    Terry Farrell
    =20
    ----- Original Message -----=20