OT - Mac bashing response

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:07:28 -0400

Hi Don,

It pains me to continue an OS discussion on the list, but I thought I'd
post just one quick response for alternative information to those
reading.

The Secunia statistics really are embarrassingly misleading. To gather
an accurate security assessment you have to focus on the details of
particular types of security exploits, rather than just the numbers of
different kinds. What further invalidates it (if that was necessary),
though, is their inconsistent methodology in assigning exploits to the
different OS's, as this web site quickly explains:

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2004-06-25-015-26-NW-SW-0010

There is plenty more equally misleading and misused, too long to waste
email space here.

- John