Old Uprights, gotta love em.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:00:52 EDT

Hey Joe
    All our complete rebuilds recieve a 5 year warranty  similar to you Joe.
In the case of reconditioning a 1 year is pretty customary  and usual as so
many thing are of oriignal manufacture.
   . IN the case of a new soundboard/belly system the  warranty is contingent
on the appropriate type of humidity control system being  used & maintained
properly.
  I got that idea from Willis Snyder years ago & it safegaurds us  from
cracked board complaints casued by abuse or neglect. I've never had a board  crack
& there's over 60 some out there. Joes right about standing by our  work.
  Dale

Terry said: "A five-year warranty on a refurbished old upright? Hmmmmm. I'd
be a  bit
uncomfortable with a five-minute warranty!"

Terry Farrell

Terrrrrrry!
Shame on you!
Having said that, I would like to offer my  guarantee, for all rebuilds, I
do. It is: If there is any problem, on anything  I worked on/repaired/replaced,
I will fix it, to the customer's satisfaction,  for free. The only caveat is
if the piano has been mistreated/misused or  subjected to poor environment.
And, of course, I'm not responsible for normal  wear and tear.   This guarantee
is for as long as I am able to  breath!<G>
IMO, this is the type of guarantee that all  should have. If you can't
guarantee your work, then don't do the work. Yes, I  have walked away from lots of
potential "rebuilds", that, in my opinion, were  not suitable candidates. (and
that includes the client, ...not being  "suitable".)
There is one item I do not guarantee....Repair of  a Cracked Plate.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool  Police
Squares R I