M&H Sostenuto Brackets

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:03:33 EDT

Jon
  It's brass. Try moto tooling a slot in the end and turning it out. I  know
I had this happen once but I can't recall the specific details except I did
get it out. Dig it out, plug & drill. Blasting caps, illegal fire
works........ You get the idea
   Dale

have a  20's vintage A with one sheered at the belly rail. It has a short
drop.
Is this style still being used in new ones? I have an e-mail into  them
but probably won't hear back for days yet.

At worst, I could  install a sleeve with a set screw to secure the front
portion.
Getting  the threaded portion out of the belly rail might be tricky.

Any other  suggestions?

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich  Port, Cape Cod, Mass.