tuning fees

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:51:51 EDT

In a message dated 20/07/04 10:35:07 PM, Alpha88x@aol.com writes:

<< O! I meant that myhourly  rate for repairs is $35-40 plus parts, minimal
is $40 just to get me to the client's house. My tuning rate is $80.  I am 52
miles west of Philly.  >>

Julia............ It is my opinion that any service call starts with the
minimum charge and my minimum charge is what I charge for a tuning. In your case
you say it is 80 dollars...I think that should also be your minimum service
call fee.  My minimum fee covers the trip to the customers house and 1 hr of work
plus the trip home.......after the first hour then and only then do 'shop'
rates apply.......but that is just the way I do it............. I figure that
anything less than that I am not covering expenses and my time.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)