cholesterol OT OT

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:35:52 -0500

Cholesterol - the subject of:

For real, doctors don't have a clue as to the cause of high or low
cholesterol (as well as other ailments, like obesity)

For example, I have high cholesterol and I eat a lot of stuff that
"they" say is bad for you.

NOW, on the other hand, my grandfather lived to be 87, every morning for
years eating skillet fried bacon and two eggs fried in the left over
bacon grease and his cholesterol was normal. He died of complications
from emphysema and asthma.

ALSO, my other grandparents, ate cooked down green beans with real
butter and bacon grease - both's were normal.

AGAIN, my mother died from complications of many years of heart trouble.
Many years earlier she was put on a highly restrictive diet, normally
lowering cholesterol to normal levels, but her body ignored it and her
cholesterol was between 300 - 400 ALL THE TIME until she passed away.

Until the doctors figure out each individual person (which they are not
seemingly willing to do), we have to diagnose ourselves and do the best
we can.

<soapbox>
I have been overweight my whole life.

BUT, when my mother and I took a trip to Israel & Rome in 1976, I lost
38 pounds in 9 days (I had to buy a smaller belt) but when I came back I
gained that back +more.
Yes, I drank the water, drank soda, ate their food and did "tourist"
walking (not "power" walking by any means)

I have asked every doctor since then how I did that (38 pounds in 9
days) - not - one - has every been able to explain it. One doctor even
consulted a nutrientionist and neither one could figure it out.

SO, still miserably over weight - and - don't have a clue of what to do
about it.
</soapbox>

--
Duaine Hechler