Heres one !!

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:26:21 -0500

A lot of great stuff gets said out there.

Many years ago, my apprentice (at the time) told me of a piano shopping =
experience she had:

A salesman was showing her the different models of grand pianos when he =
came upon one that had a really terrific price on it.  Jane (my =
apprentice and one sharp cookie) asked about it and the salesman said, =
"Oh, well, this piano was dropped....there's a little damage to the case =
over here."  Then he paused and looked off into the distance, stroked =
his chin in that thoughtful sort of way and continued, "Actually, after =
it was dropped the tone improved."    So there you have it, folks---the =
best kept secret of great tone building.  :-)

I'm out of here......

Barbara Richmond, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: lgulli2586=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 6:01 AM
  Subject: Heres one !!

  Hi !
  Yesterday I had a young man come into my repair shop asking "piano =
questions". He needed answers to some confusing statements made to him =
by a saleman.
  The question...Is it true you can play faster on a Yamaha than other =
brands. Seemed like a specific slam with other dealers. I dont sell new =
pianos..but offered advice. Make sure the pianos you are compairing are =
in the same level.
   I told him I couldnt play very fast anyway. He wanted a "nice grand" =
to practice his grade one lessons. By the way, he was a young Dr. =
working at the big hospitol.

  Richard G., London ON