Steinway upright stickers

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:07:48 -0500

On 7/23/04, Joe Garrett said:

>Dave said: "(I may have to learn
>how to use the kids digital cameras :-) )"
>
>Methinks that would be a great idea, since I'm a bit unclear what it
>is you are talking about. Perhaps others are as well.

Let's see if I can do better. At the bottom of the sticker is a piece
of (something) that connects to the rocker on the key, being caught
by a brass plate. It's actually a very nice design, the sticker
rides on a very smooth curved surface molded into the end of the
rocker. The rocker is easily adjustable (within a limited range) for
lost motion. There is no problem with the sticker bouncing or moving
sideways because it is held tight to the rocker surface. My question
was the best material for the hinge or flap that is glued to the
bottom of the sticker where it rides on the rocker, extending toward
the keyboard about 3/16" to be clamped to the rocker by a brass
plate. Am I describing it well? Currently there is moldy and moth
damaged cloth of different kinds, I think I would prefer to use
leather, smooth side (skin side) down where the bottom of the sticker
rubs on the end of the rocker. I can try to sort out the digital
camera if you really want, but it was more of a curiousity question
than a dire straits one.
--
----Dave

Dave Doremus, RPT