measuring inharmonicity with Verituner

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:45:34 +0200

Hello list.

I would like to make actual measurements of inharmonicity.
If I get it right (but maybe not), my verituner gives the actual reading =
of inharmonicity of A4.
If I understood right the manual, all other pitches are calculated =
targets following inharmonicity, temperament and style parameters.  So, =
if I set temperament to equal, and style to clean, all other pitches =
should be calculated only in function of the inharmonicity.
So, A4 is the only note whose reading for 1st partial is 0.00 as this is =
the reference point; A3 reads something like 1st partial is -1.25 : this =
means that when tuned 1.25 cent lower than theoretical value, A3 will be =
well sounding with the rest of the piano.  Do I understand right that if =
I add 1.25 cent to the other partials of A3, I get the actual =
inharmonicity readings of A3 ?  (or did I miss something again ?)
But how decide for the bass notes, where first partials are not taken =
into account ?

Regards,

St=E9phane Collin.