Soft pedal on Kawai console

Garland O. Goodwin garland@main.nc.us
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:13:13 -0400

Dear List, This is my first reply since I got on THE LIST yesterday, so =
I may not be doing it right. Anyway, it seems to me that the obvious =
solution to the lady's  (not the tech Julia) problem would be to install =
a muffler strip like the ones operated by the middle pedal on many of =
the Yamaha verticals I service. I think the supply houses offer kits to =
add this feature to any vertical piano. They really DO make a difference =
in volume without affecting other aspects of playing or regulation. How =
about it?

Garland O. Goodwin, RPT