soft pedal on new Kawaii

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 05:22:06 -0400

On Jul 25, 2004, at 11:53 PM, Alpha88x@aol.com wrote:

>  =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 I am also going to =
advise the player to use the=20
> middle pedal, (which is a practice mute rail) instead of the soft=20
> pedal for the softening, and explain piano quality: Una corde 101, if=20=

> you will, ie: the difference between a grand's una corde and the "poor=20=

> man's" una corde as in the upright. I have heard this referred to as=20=

> poor man's una corde before. I guess I gotta "spilll the beans".

Is the customer's problem that she needs to "practice quietly", or is=20
it that she needs to practice using the una chorda pedal for her=20
upcoming performance? If the latter, she will want to continue using=20
the left pedal, and learn to accept the limited (nearly zero) function.=20=

If family members or neighbors "can't stand all that noise" the middle=20=

pedal is indeed the solution.

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available