soft pedal on new Kawaii

ryan sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:02:14 -0700 (PDT)

There is a lift rail connected to the left pedal that
raises the back of the keys, shortening the blow
distance and the key-dip simultaneously. Since the
hammers rest on the jacks NOT the rest rail(which is
called the rebound rail in Fandrich Vertical Actions
[FVA])there is no lost motion.

Here is a link to a picture of an action model, notice
the hammer shank is off the rebound rail.

http://www.dreams.org/staff/composer/music/piano/fandrich-action/p1.jpg

-- Calin Tantareanu <dnu@fx.ro> wrote:
> Hi Ryan!
>
> How exactly does the left pedal mechanism work in
> your Fandrich upright?
> If you have a picture of it, I'd really like to see
> it.
>
> Thanks a lot!

=====
Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter