Hamamatsu Museum of Instruments

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:48:09 -0500

Ok.. :) whats the benifit of avoiding the dogleg then ?

Cost of manufacturing.
dave

Cheers
RicB

Calin Tantareanu wrote:
I still think it's because of the bridge having no dogleg. There's simply no
room for the larger contact area, so they made it smaller. Seems obvious to
me.
But if you can find another explanation, please tell us.

Hmm.. not sure we are on the same page here. I mean the width of the
contact area of the bridge along the length of the stringss.  There is a
very marked gradual changing in this width, expecially noticeble  in the