Changing Harmonicity

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:11:34 +1100

At 11:59 AM -0500 3/3/04, Sarah Fox wrote:

>I don't see how the properties of an impulse delivered to a resonant system
>can alter the resonant frequencies of that system.

Neither can I. The four known factors which determine inharmonicity
are wire stiffness (including that of the wrap wire in the bass),
string tension, the shape of the string termination and the length of
free string segment on the other side of the speaking length
termination (ie. the duplex or counter-bearing string segment).

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers