Changing Harmonicity

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:08:57

Hi Ron,

I think you may have missed one known factor. When you introduce a sound
board with it's impedance into the "system" inharmonicity is affected. Dean
Reyburn documented this in the development stages of RCT, and called it
"para inharmonicity" as the value could be a negative number in some cases.
Unlike the other four you mention I don't know of any way to "predict" what
will happen to the inharmonicity.

At 08:11 AM 3/4/2004 +1100, you wrote:

>Neither can I. The four known factors which determine inharmonicity
>are wire stiffness (including that of the wrap wire in the bass),
>string tension, the shape of the string termination and the length of
>free string segment on the other side of the speaking length
>termination (ie. the duplex or counter-bearing string segment).
>
>Ron O.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/