OT somwhat - Jim Brickman

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 06:16:22 EST

I have Jim Brinkman twice in a matter of weeks coming up.  Last year his
agency made a big issue about renting a CF111, which the hall did. The bad news
was that the Yamaha dealer sent a very old CF111 which had no business being
used in a professional setting. The regulation was so far off it was ridiculous.
The keyframe was knocking so loudly it could have been used as it's own bass
drum. Hardly any felt left on the hammers...you get the picture.
The good news....I couldn't make that concert job and I had another tuner
cover for me AND I didn't have deal with the problems which occurred that day
This year the concert hall refused to do business with the Yamaha dealer on
account of last year's problem. The hall informed Brinkman and he had agreed to
use our house concert grand.
Just 2 days ago, I got word that he is traveling with his own instrument and
no rentals will be needed. I'm was assuming it is a CF111.
Tom Servinsky