Damper zinging, again

CChristus chchristus@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:25:32 -0500

Yep, Bill, both strings are sufficiently quiet when the damper is on 'em, so
I didn't detect a leak from the felt.  The 'zing' comes when the felt is
first coming back down on the strings, and what a zing it is.
(I think I'm answering the question you asked?)
Chuck

At 10:05 PM -0500 3/5/04, CChristus wrote:
>Can anyone suggest other means, or point me in the right direction here?

Did you try plucking he individual strings on that note as the damper
is sitting on them, to see if it's a matter of how one string is
contacting the felt? (You didn't mention this........)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.