Seiler 180 voicing, frontscale noise questions

Keith Jones kwjones@sfsu.edu
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:43:58 -0800

Dave and List,

I'll be interested in what others have to say about these pianos as well. I
service one that a customer bought on my recommendation. I haven't been
happy with the sound in the area you mention, and also the last couple of
notes in the lower tenor.
The capo area has the zings that you mention, and I agree that too much
needling in this area can kill the tone as well as the zing. The bottom
couple of notes on the long bridge are noticeably different sounding from
their neighbors. Boomy and hollow.

Everywhere you look on these pianos is quality workmanship and materials. I
only wish I could make this one sound better.

Keith Jones