Damper zinging, again

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 03:01:33 EST

Chuck,

I had this problem on a newish instrument in the same section, where the=20
dampers are funny-shaped to avoid frame contact.    I removed the damper, ma=
ssaged=20
a little bit of teflon powder very gently into the felt with a nail file,=20
then made certain that the damper was coming down as directly as possible on=
 the=20
string..  The zing was gone.

Dave Stahl