Seiler 180 voicing, frontscale noise questions

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 06 Mar 2004 08:49:06 -0600

>Ron,
>
>I fear that you may be right.  Nonetheless, I'll have to take a positive
>outlook into this situation, and hope that I can at least improve the sound.

That's all we can do in field work.

>Given the overall quality of workmanship in this piano, I'd be really
>surprised if nobody in the factory has ever addressed this.

Heard of it, certainly. Addressed it, probably not. For years, I contacted
two U.S. manufacturers on a regular basis with the same problems in their
new pianos. Without fail, I was informed each and every time that this was
the first time anyone had ever mentioned such a thing in the entire history
of the company.

>    This year's pianos have been redesigned, though I haven't yet had a
> chance to examine them.

That would typically (of all manufacturers, not specifically Seiler) be the
furniture style or finish, and new state of the art three position lid prop.

>I've just got to figure out how to manage the expectations of the client,
>and hope that Roger and David's methods make some difference.
>
>Dave S.

And that strikes me as your biggest problem - the client, not David and
Roger. Dealers I've known universally tell the customer that their tech
will come right out and fix it, so the customer expects everything to be
"fixed". I tend more toward the "Let's have a look at it and see what we
can do" approach. If I can please the customer, whether I'm satisfied with
the result or not, it's a wrap. If I can't meet the customers expectations
with what I have to work with, everyone is going to be unhappy. This happens.

Ron N