D.H. Baldwin short grand

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 05:20:03 -0800

Tim:
	Is the piano in a home or in a church?  Broken strings in revivalist
churches' pianos are quite common.  In the home, I don't have a clue why
they would break there. Is the piano played heavily?
	 The pedal box needs to be disassembled and reglued.  Knock it apart with
a mallet (careful with the finish).  Remove the wedge shims and make new
ones if necessary.  I generally use epoxy and coat everything with it, then
reassemble everything and drive the shims in to lock it in place.  Works
for me.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego