Karn Organ Help Please

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:25:04 -0600

DUKEMLT3@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if someone might be able to help me figure out what
> exactly it is that I have. I have tried searching the web for
> information regarding this organ, but do not seem to find what I am
> looking for. The decals on the organ say Karn on the left side, and
> Woodstock Canada London ENG on the right. The back is stamped D35
> 65082. I am wondering approx how old this is, if it is rare, and any
> other useful information. I do have pictures if that would help.
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated!
> Thanks in advance for your time,
> Shelly
> dukemlt3@aol.com

*KARN, D.W., CO., LTD.; *532 Dundas St., Woodstock, Ontario. Established
in 1867 when Dennis W. Karn joined John M. Miller, forming /Miller &
Karn/, also known as the /Woodstock Organ Factory./ Karn bought out
Miller in 1870 but retained the Miller & Karn name for several years
before changing it to /D.W. Karn Co. /Exhibited in Barcelona, Spain in
1888. Acquired the /S.R. Warren & Son /organ factory of Toronto in 1896
and in 1909 became the /Karn Morris Piano & Organ Co. /In the early
1920s the company went through several changes of ownership ending in
bankruptcy. The assets were acquired by /Sherlock-Manning /in 1924.
Officers in 1906: D.W. Karn, president; T. Drew Smith, secretary-treasurer.

Serial number: 1890 -- 24098.

Information extracted from Gellerman's International Reed Organ Atlas
Second Edition

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Organ, Pump Organ