Electric Planers & Blades & Pinblocks

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:13:12 -0800

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Erwinspiano@aol.com
  Sent: March 09, 2004 7:34 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: Electric Planers & Blades & Pinblocks

        The but is planing wide pieces of maple take its toll on any planer
blades & a heavier machine will be required.
    Get out the check book. In fact a 15 inch would even be better & the new
delta is about $1150.00 if I remeber right.
    Dale

Well, goodness, if you're going to spend that kind of money pop for another
hundred or so and get yourself a Grizzly 20". We've used one for a few years
now and have been quite happy with it. Very little finesse to this brute but
it does have a lot of gray iron to back it up and it does hog right on
through hard maple or anything else you might want to throw at it.

Del