Electric Planers & Blades & Pinblocks

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:34:51 -0500

Del,

How do you sharpen your blades/knives? Or do you simply replace them =
with new?

Terry Farrell
        The but is planing wide pieces of maple take its toll on any =
planer blades & a heavier machine will be required.
      Get out the check book. In fact a 15 inch would even be better & =
the new delta is about $1150.00 if I remeber right.
      Dale=20

  Well, goodness, if you're going to spend that kind of money pop for =
another hundred or so and get yourself a Grizzly 20". We've used one for =
a few years now and have been quite happy with it. Very little finesse =
to this brute but it does have a lot of gray iron to back it up and it =
does hog right on through hard maple or anything else you might want to =
throw at it.=20

  Del