parts nomenclature

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:46:17 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <trc3j@juno.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: parts nomenclature

> Just wondering, does everybody on this side of the pond use Schaff?
>
> Tim

    We're almost forced to now that Tuner's Supply, Ford, and APSCO are
gone.  There is Pianotek, and they have lots of nice stuff, high quality
tools, nicer quality felts, etc. than Schaff, but high prices, too.   There
used to be a San Francisco Piano Supply, which I think was a west coast
extension of APSCO, but I'm not sure about that.  Also a Pacific Piano
Supply, but I think they're gone, now, too.  Then there's International,
with a fair selection, but not as wide as Schaff's, and I wasn't impressed
with their prices on some stuff.  Then there are all the smaller, more
specialized suppliers like Wally Brooks, Bill Spurlock, Mother Goose, Webb
Phillips, et al., plus the piano bench suppliers.  Oh, and Player Piano Co
in Wichita, KS, which I think still exists, but am not sure.
    --David Nereson, RPT