Voicing the CFlll

Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:53:29 -0800

I would not use steam, and definitely not any lacquer, on a CF III hammer.
Those hammers respond very well to traditional methods of needling, filing,
setting the felt on a block of wood.  Distortion at FFF probably means the
hammer needs a bit more cushion in the shoulders.  Check Andre's lengthy
post of a couple days ago.  There was a lot of good information there.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net