***Re: new topic - Are two Bridge Pins necessary

kpiano kpiano@goldrush.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:09:14 -0800

I'm not understanding, I thought you said only one string was missing the rear bridge pin. On an individual basis, I'm sure a string could have a good enough termination to function with only one pin. It is by far less stable of a termination. Only if all the pressure from the all the strings was in the same direction would the bridge undergo stress failure. In my opinion,To do a whole bridge with only one pin per string would result in stress failure or a weaker sound.

Keith Roberts