Foot-Operated Drill Press

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:41:33 -0000

Hello List and John H, who included:
"The cylinder attaches to the quill. The spindle has an extensions on it.
These are available from industrial supply houses and can be fitted to
drill presses with morris taper spindles."
Not "morris", John, but "morse" tapers. They come in varying sizes. The one
on my 12" b.g. s.c. lathe is a No.1. In engineering establishments lathes up
to about 8" swing are No.3.
I don't know why I know this tit-bit of info - but I thought I'd share it
anyway! :-)
Regards from a misty Sussex Downs village....
Michael G (UK)