Fwd: "shaving" old key leads

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:09:35 EST

-------------------------------1079968174
In a message dated 3/20/2004 2:14:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, Erwinspiano
writes:
sage dated 3/20/2004 2:01:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:
> If anyone has a better idea for removing this excess lead, (short of
> replacing the leads) I'd LOVE to hear it! Thanks!
>
> Terry Peterson

           Terry
          Use a forstner bit in the drill press. It just shaves it off. Run
some air on it to help keep it cool. Yes it will dull the bit eventually but it
shaves it clean without dust & requires no sanding. Your surface is smooth
and shiny. You sacrifice a five dollar bit for  the de -lead effort, so what.
  Dale Erwin

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

An embedded message was scrubbed...