From storage to stage

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:42:16 -0600

Well, Joe, I've been thinking about what you had to say.  I've got some
questions and thoughts.

How long does it take stage lighting to throw a piano off?  I don't
remember that being a problem at my last gig (the 600 seat place).   The
"hot" spot lights were only on for performances.

These are hard times financially, so as a money saver, I believe the lights
are on only when they have to be--as opposed to the old practice of leaving
them on continuously between the rehearsal and the concert.

Of course, I want stability in tuning--that's why I want the piano on stage
at least a day before the performance.  But, I wonder about the short term
and long term effects of "cooking" the piano for a day before the concert,
storing it after the concert and then having it go through that same process
again.

Well, I suppose I don't *really* need to worry about it, because there's no
way they are going leave those lights on for 24 hours.  :-)

Anybody else out there willing to share their experience with this?

Barbara Richmond, RPT