PianoDisk Installations, was: Advent Speakers available again -slightly OT

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:30:44 -0500

I=92ve done some installations where people hooked it up to their =
surround systems. Personally, I think it makes a better installation to =
have the speakers on the piano. That way everything originates from the =
piano. When the orchestral accompaniment comes from a speaker across the =
room there is too much of a disconnect that it goes with what the piano =
is playing, IMHO.
=20
I=92ve started using 4 channel high quality computer speaker systems =
with excellent results and much lower cost- less than $100. Mount two =
satellites under the keybed upside down facing front, two under the =
belly angled down and rearward (you can do the same on a vertical). =
Attach the sub to a beam with L brackets. Go to Staples where they have =
a display with several systems you can demo. The most expensive is not =
always the best sounding.
=20
Dean
=20