PianoDisk Installations, was: Advent Speakers available again - slightly OT

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:06:28 -0700

Speaking of turning on the PianoDisc system with your leg...I tuned a
Yamaha baby with one of these last week.  I was having a resonance rattle
centered around G#4 and it was driving me crazy.  I tightened plate screws,
pin-block screws, inspected the player system under the piano for loose
ratlling parts.  I gave up and figured I'd finish the fine tuning on the
pitch raise when my significant other would come to pick me up and could
play the offending notes while I was searching.  BTW the system was rather
hot under the soundboard even though the contoler was officially off. (I
advised the owner to put a surge supresser on it and turn that off when not
in use.)
Well, I bumped it with my knee while working on the high treble.  It
started coming on and would turn back off until it had completed a lengthy
self-check.  After completing the high treble I started playing the piano
and noticed that it wasn't there anymore.  It was gone.  There's one for my
archives. ;-)

Andrew