Fw: Concert hall work

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:03:49 -0600

OK folks,=20

I asked this before (read below) and got one really good speculative =
answer, but didn't hear from anybody who actually has a maintenance =
schedule or agreement set up.  I'm sure there must be someone out there =
who has something like this set up.  The information (in hours) would be =
helpful for determining a budget line.   I'm told the amount the pianos =
are used varies (not as busy as a recital hall at a university, of =
course), but still, there are multiple tunings every month.

Anyone have anything set up like, for instance, after x number of =
concert preps (tuning & tweaking), x hours are spent to catch up on =
maintenance?    =20

Barbara Richmond

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Barbara Richmond=20
To: Pianotech=20
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 8:39 PM
Subject: Concert hall work

Hi all,

Speaking of concert pianos, what kind of regular service do you schedule =
for public "big venue" halls?  My only experience with concert work has =
been the heavily used concert/recital hall at a university where I was =
on staff and serviced the pianos every week, with an every once in a =
while larger time slot for the regulation that I couldn't accomplish =
during my weekly service time.  Have any of you worked out an agreement =
where you can go in somewhat regularly, having however many hours you =
need to get the rest of the maintenance work done--besides trying to =
squeeze it in during the preparation for an upcoming event? =20

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
Peoria Chapter