Pianodisc, Lost motion and expression

MarinoPiano@aol.com MarinoPiano@aol.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:34:41 EST

RE: Lost motion.  I remember that the plungers on the PianoDisc were spring
loaded so that lost motion was taken care of.  You can also run a program from
the control box that adjusts the intensity of each note indivudally to make a
nice even soft.  I too have worked on may reproducers from the past.  Playing
discs that have been transfered from reproducing rolls is almost as exciting..
Keyword is ALMOST.

   There is really nothing like the sound of a well rebuilt Steinway DuoArt
or Mason Ampico in my book.  But I think I'm a bit prejudice.
And I might add, happily so.

Arthur Marino