something about after touch and movement of the jack.

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:11:58 -0600

Hi Andre,
                  We play from the same page and have the same philosophy=20
toward regulation.    Wonder if the YTA had any thing to do with it?

The tight specs you refer to, cannot be attained in a one pass=20
regulation.    So we do not confuse some readers. The 1mm clearance that I=
=20
referred to as being ample will suffice.  To Attain the tolerances that=20
Andre is the complete regulation procedure has to be done approximately 3=20
times.

My definition of after touch is.   Lost time and lost space.      There has=
=20
to be some, any extra is a waste.

Like you I am anal about the quality of front rail punching's.  I take it a=
=20
step further, and make sure the card and paper punching's are kept to a=20
minimum, to reduce the concertina effect.
   On concert pianos I have a trade mark of a blue punching under the felt=
=20
).010"  this way I can increase the after touch very quickly at a pianist=20
request, with out messing with the hammer line.

I hope this clears up my position.    I am in 100% agreement with you Andre.

After touch, transmits more about the soul of a piano, to the pianist than=
=20
we can ever imagine.

Thank's for your wonderful contributions Andre, they are greatly valued.

Regards Roger