Warning !! OT, OT . . The morning after

Jim Kinnear jim@pianoguy.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:25:40 -0500

  " I despatetly want my choice for president to win, but when I am =
working for the county, I PUT MY OWN PREFERENCES ASIDE AND WORK FOR THE =
VOTING PEOPLE, not my own presidential preference, reguardless of who =
they vote for and I dont presonally agree with their choice!  =20

What IS wrong with those people?????? "
-------

-------

An encouraging point of view . .

I found the following comment this morning . .  it seems somewhat =
prophetic . . .=20
-------

For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want
and deserve to get it good and hard.

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to
trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule
-- and both commonly succeed, and are right.

The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and
me.  They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the
business of government; they ave only a talent for getting and
holding office.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace
alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it
with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

                                H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

I wonder if there is a history of election controversy, or if it is a =
recent phenomenon . . .?

Jim Kinnear
www.kinnearpiano.com
Collingwood, ON, Canada

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress
  -- Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) French Philosopher