same old/same old (yet another OT)

Pianotunaguy@aol.com Pianotunaguy@aol.com
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:54:36 EST

In a message dated 11/3/04 8:17:33 AM, deanmay@pianorebuilders.com writes:

> you could have hit the delete key and wiped em=E2=80=99 all out in about 5=
 seconds.
>=20

I deleted the entire pianotech list for several months because of this kind=20
of attitude.   The amount of discussion actually relating to pianos seems to=
=20
have gotten smaller since I last visited the list.   (3 out of 37! And since=
 my=20
first post, another 5, so now 42 to 3:   OTs win!)

Let me proclaim to all of you: THE PIANOTECH FORUM IS DEAD.   You obviously=20
all haven't realized it, yet, but look at what's in your mailbox right now.=20=
 =20
Pianotech does not exist any longer.   It has morphed into an email list of=20
personal opinion which has little or nothing to do with pianos.   =20

It is unfortunate.   Once, this list was a wealth of information.=20

Next time you feel as if everyone needs to know what you think about Bush,=20
Iraq, or God, ask yourself, WWDD?   (What would Del do?)   As I look over th=
e=20
OTs, I don't see any from Del Fandrich.   And I'm realizing right now: I don=
't=20
know what Del thinks about Iraq!   And then I realize: with as much respect=20=
as=20
I have for him, his voluminous knowledge of piano construction, and his=20
contributions to this list in the past, I don't really care what he thinks a=
bout=20
Iraq.   And then I realize that I also respect him for knowing that I don't=20
really care about what he thinks about Iraq and therefore he keeps it to him=
self.  =20
Thank you, Del.

Mourn the death of Pianotech.  =20

PianoTunaGuy