verituner

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:37:01 -0800

Many people have posted me privately to ask why I am selling the VT.
Rather than type the same answer over and over I thought I'd just post
it to the list.  First I want to say that I've found the VT to be a very
reliable machine with many bells and whistles and features for
customizing tunings to suit your particular style.  I won't go into the
details of its features, you can explore that for yourself on their
website, but let me just say that I am not selling it because of any
dissatisfaction with the product.

Prior to using the VT I used the SATIII and prior to that I was a
strictly aural tuner.  What I have found is that the tunings I produce
that most satisfy me are when I use the available technology in
combination with an aural style of tuning with moderate checks.  The
SATIII, therefore, suits my style of tuning a little better because of
its simplicity and the ease with which you can go back and forth between
programmed and direct tuning.  I also find the display a little easier
to see.  It is lighter and smaller and the battery life is longer.
While I wish that the SAT had a more sophisticated pitch raise function,
I found that I just didn't attempt one pass pitch raises enough for it
to matter.  The VT and Cybertuner cleary have a leg up in this area.  I
would say that if you want a machine that will give you a no-brainer
tuning that is very good, the VT works extremely well.  As I am prone to
listening to the tunings and checking progressions and intervals (though
less than in a strictly aural tuning) the SATIII works better for me.

I would like to get $1200. for it and I'll ship it.  The machine was
purchased in February 2002 and was sent back for a general check up and
to replace the keypad in May of this year.

Contact me privately if interested.