a modest proposal

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:32:10 -0500

Hi Pat -
Maybe so, but I would submit to you that there is some difference between
this list and the Mac list.   Not that I think politics belongs on this
list, but we are, in a way, familiar enough with one another to allow us to
acknowledge a greater part of our humanity.  We should be able to express
our concerns, and accept the way in which our immediate community continues
to reflect the disparate nature of the larger society in which we live,
even if we are at a loss to understand those that differ.  Such an
expression should not be prohibited.  If a dialogue, heated or not, begins
to develop, the conversation should move to another location, perhaps an
additional list specifically designated for such exchanges among PTG
members.   Yes!  Yes!  Another list!  Yehhhh!

David Skolnik