OT, but positive!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:40:18 -0800

Take Hold of Every Moment

A friend of mine opened his  wife's underwear drawer and picked up a silk
paper wrapped package:

"This, - he said - isn't any ordinary package."

He  unwrapped the box and stared at both the silk paper and the box.

"She got this the first time we went to New York , 8 or 9 years  ago. She
has never put it on, was saving it for a special occasion. Well,  I guess
this is it. He got near the bed and placed the gift box next to  the other
clothings he was taking to the funeral house, his wife had just  died. He
turned to me and said:

"Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in  your life is a
special occasion".

I still think those  words changed my life.

Now I read more and clean  less.

I sit on the porch without worrying about anything.

I  spend more time with my family, and less at work.

I understood that  life should be a source of experience to be lived up to,
not survived  through. I no longer keep anything. I use crystal glasses
every day.. I'll  wear new clothes to go to the supermarket, if I feel like
it.

I don't save my special perfume for special occasions, I use  it whenever I
want to. The words "Someday..." and "One Day..." are fading  away from my
dictionary. If it's worth seeing, listening or doing, I want  to see, listen
or do it now. I don't know what my friend's wife would have  done if she
knew she wouldn't be there the next morning, this nobody can  tell. I think
she might have called her relatives and closest friends.
She might call old friends to make peace over past quarrels. I'd like  to
think she would go out for Chinese, her favorite food. It's these small
things that I would regret not doing, if I knew my time had  come.

I would regret it, because I would no longer see the friends I  would meet,
letters... that I wanted to write

"One of these  days".

I would regret and feel sad, because I didn't say to my  brother and
sisters, son and daughters, not times enough at least, how  much

I love them.

Now, I try not to delay,  postpone or keep anything that could bring
laughter and joy into our  lives..
And, on each morning, I say to myself that this could be a  special day..

Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.

If you got this, it's  because someone cares for you and because, probably,
there's someone you  care about.

If you're too busy to send this out to other people and you  say to yourself
that you will send it "One of these  days",  remember that "One day" is far
away... or might never come...

This TANTRA came from India . No matter if you're superstitious or not,
spend some time reading it.
It holds useful messages for the soul.

Don't keep this message.

This Tantra must leave your  hands within 96 hours.

Send copies and watch what  goes on in the next four days.

You'll have a  pleasant surprise.

This is true, even if you're  not superstitious.

Now, here's the fun of it:

send this message to at least 5 people and your life  improves.

0-4 people: your life improves slightly.

5-9 people: your life  improves according to your expectations !

9-14 people: you'll have at  least 5 surprises in the next 3 weeks.

15 or more people: your life improves drastically and your  dreams start to
take shape.

Terry Peterson