Affordable HEPA Vac

David C. Stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Sat, 06 Nov 2004 09:32:23 -0500

Hey all,

On the subject of Vacuums...

I wanted to share some info on a source for an affordable HEPA vac that a
friend directed me to.  HEPA means "High Efficiency Particulate Air".  We
use ours for vacuuming lead particulates when removing key
leads.   Vacuuming with a normal type vacuum blows fine particulate through
the filter and into the air.  Even if the dust is not toxic it's annoying
to breath a fine particulate cloud in the room from poor filtration...

Although I'm no medical expert, I feel safer vacuuming mouse infested
pianos with this vacuum as well.  (A friend of mine got an awful lung
infection recently after cleaning a mousy piano) and I hear there is a
nasty infectious mouse born microbe in the southern states that is really
nasty for humans....

Also most shop vacs are incredibly noisy!  This is the most quiet vacuum
I've ever used.  I never imagined a good vac could be so quiet! It's also
very compact and very powerful.  This source is unusual in that the price
is $340.00, about half what this unit normally sells for.  I've listed the
info on my server for any of you who might be interested:

http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/HEPA.html

David Stanwood