same old/same old (yet another OT) Avery

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:28:07 -0500

Dear.... TUNA? ,

It's always unfortunate when misunderstanding escalates into  tragedy (I
exaggerate here,  of course).  It is a small tragedy, in my book, when
one's efforts at humor are misinterpreted, humor being as much a salve for
the spirit as music.  I think we all missed it. I know I often run the risk
of having my humorous efforts overlooked or misperceived, since I'm not at
eas using smilies or <grn>, or such.   While I find it encouraging that
your original intention was such, and that you were willing to clarify this
point, I'd like to point out that the more significant displeasure
expressed related to the virulence of your OT critique, coupled with the
fact that you continue to demand that the entire list accommodate your need
for anonymity.   I asked you a few days ago (Nov. 3) to support your
earlier contention (June 6, 2004 - So long from PianoTunaGuy) that the
"barrier" had been broken:

>Now that there are a few individuals who have broken through this barrier
>and have become accepted on the list in spite of their anonymity

I have been unable to find anyone else who contributes regularly to this
list whose identity remains unknown.

So, bravo on retaining a sense of humor, but, perhaps, you can humor us a
bit further.  Maybe it would help for you to know that many of the opinions
you have expressed would be no more offensive if signed with your name than
they are as you presently choose to identify yourself.

Best wishes -

David Skolnik