Who REALLY won the election ???? ( OT)

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:08:43 EST

 Larry writes:

<<  No, the simple fact is this. America turned out in record numbers, and
gave
Bush a landslide victory.  >>

Wow,  a 1.5% margin of victory is now a "landslide" victory? That is
ludicrous.   It was the second slimmest win in our history, hammered out by three
years of fear mongering.
   As our educational system continues to deteriorate,  and our national debt
continues to add strength to our enemies for the coming global financial
wars, those voters that chose this course of military domination will have to
assume responsiblity for losing our country's postion of world leadership.
    It doesn't make any sense to bankrupt ourselves protecting a country that
will be purchased by foreign powers as soon as Opec begins accepting Euro's
for oil. China is buying our debt, amassing billions of dollars in the form of
US Bonds, and they are going to be buying the oil that we are over in the
mideast trying to corral.   The day of financial reckoning is coming, and we are
NOT going to be prepared unless we put down the sword, begin a conservation
progam on the scale of the Manhattan Project,  and begin looking for ways to work
together.
    Bismark said it over 100 years ago, "The nation that has the schools,
owns the future".  We are spending so much more on military,(even though we have
more power than the next 25 nations combined), than we are on our education
and health, that this is NOT a sustainable direction for America.  There is far
more to be feared than a few terrorists killing a few of us, here and there.
The rot that ends this country will come from within unless we leave this
jingoistic, self-absorbed, fantasy of superiority that has taken us to our present
position.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT