Backing up a Pocket PC....slightly OT

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:43:46 EST

Hi folks,

For those of you who use Tune Lab Pocket or Pocket RCT, and the calendar,
contact, and/or GPS or map features available, I would highly recommend getting
San Disk cards to back it up.  Even though it might be synched to your desktop
or laptop, there are things that don't synchronize when you reconnect.

I dropped my pocket PC in the car yesterday.  No big deal, thought I.  Except
when I picked it up, it was in the middle of a reset.  Not a soft reset, but
a hard reset, the kind where all of the data inside goes bye-bye in a hurry.

Fortunately, all of my jobs for the day were previous clients, and I
remembered who they were and where they live.  And I tune by ear most of the time...

Since I'd had computer woes over the last month, I bought a half gig SD card
last week and back up the little unit at regular intervals.  I didn't have the
card with me on the road, but when I got home, I just slipped the card in the
slot, went to backup/restore mode, and everything was right back where it was
before I dropped it.  Go figure.  ONly took about 30 seconds, too.

If you have any device that can use this type of backup, I'd seriously
recommend it.

Dave Stahl