voicing/juicing ronsen hammers

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:35:33 -0800

Terry said: "At the same=20
time, I regulary tune a customers' Yamaha U3 upright, which has the =
original=20
hammers on it,  in good condition. This piano sounds AWSOME!  Rich, =
mellow=20
tone (I've never voiced it) and it'll go from the softest ppp to the =
most=20
thundering fff I've ever heard...in ANY upright."
Terry,
That's all well/good, but we were talking about Your G-1. Did it sound =
"Awsome"? I doubt it, that's why you put on some Wurzens, right? So, =
it'll take some time for the hammers to get "broke in" and probably =
about the same amount of time, (maybe more<G>), to get your ear to =
recognize GOOD tone.<G>
I too, have a FEW Yamamas that really sound nice. They are, however, few =
and far between. Those that have a nice tone, are usually 20+ years =
olde. Methinks that is about when they decided to start making =
"Rocks"!<G> Give us an update in 6 months, please.=20
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I