Backing up your Pocket PC

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:34:06 EST

In a message dated 11/9/04 3:37:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
robert.scott@tunelab-world.com writes:

> Another way you can backup absolutely everything on your Pocket PC is to
> open Active Sync with your Pocket PC connected, and then from the Tools
> menu, choose Backup/Restore.  (This is different from a "sync" operation,
> which only synchronizes certain data files that your desktop computer
> knows about.)  The true backup will backup your programs, your data, and
> even the system registry where passwords and such things are stored.  It
> can then be used to recover from a hard reset and get you back to exactly
> where you were when you did the backup.  It takes several minutes.

True enough, Robert.  I use that method as well.  But I've had failures in
both my laptop AND my pocket PC within a two week period.  I got to thinking
"what if I have an accident, loss, or failure while my laptop is on the fritz?"

So I went out and spent 50 bucks on this card....I did NOT anticipate that it
would have to use it so quickly!

Thanks,

Dave Stahl