"should I stay or should I go?"

ilex cameron ross i1ex@earthlink.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:46:02 -0500

....Isn't this part of the challenge of being a concert tuner, though? What
is everyone's thoughts on this?
-ilex
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Quentin Codevelle
  Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 11:44 AM
  To: pianotech
  Subject: "should I stay or should I go?"

  Hi Patrick,

  This afternoon, I had to tune for a concert in a small hall.
  I tuned the piano this morning, and had to check it another time when it
was installed.
  People started installing the stage for the choir (nearly 50 singers I
think) just after I began checking everything.
  Some notes were a little bit out of tune, I had to tune them correctly.
  People were trailing the stage "blocks" everywhere and shouting at each
other because they should have finished work sooner and people wanted to go
back home.
  I asked for silence, everything remained noisy all around me.
  I decided to... go ;-)

  If they totally didn't care about my concentration and about what I was
doing, that's because they 'd probably think the piano was good as it was.

  Quentin