Removing old keytops

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:57:09 -0600

>James Dally said: "On older pianos I set them on fire; they burn down to
>the wood.  Brush them
>off and sand.  I've never had any problem with the burning off"
>
>James,
>YIKES! I certainly hope you do that outside, with a strong wind blowing!!
>The fumes from that stuff is TOXIC! Not to mention the Ozone Layer
>Factor!! Sure a hell isn't the way I'd do it!!!<G>
>Regards,
>Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

Ozone layer factor? Yea, a couple of hundred thousand key sets a day would
mount up after a while. I wonder how atmospheric damage from
barbecuing,  cigars, halitosis, old growth forests, cow methane emissions,
and health club B.O. compare.

BTW, has anyone ever published atmospheric data on changes occurring from
July 3 to July 6 in the U.S.?

Ron N