Impact Tuning Hammers

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:56:43 -0500

I should receive a McKaffee (sp?) -type impact tuning hammer from Schaff =
tomorrow. My intention is to use it for tuning a new S&S K52 on Friday. =
And then other verticals with tight tuning pins (all verticals maybe?) =
in the future.

I bought one a couple years ago and on the first piano I tried to tune =
with it I sheared the threaded portion, that the tuning tip screws onto, =
right off (thanks to an S&S 1098). Naw, those tuning pins weren't tight! =
Does anyone make a hydraulic tuning lever?

Anyway, I'm going to give the impact lever another try.

Anyone have much experience with these gizmos? Any technique tips to =
offer?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell