"should I stay or should I go?"

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:00:03 -0000

Yes, and it is amazing how kids always start plonking on the piano just =
as you start to tune it; but I just have to ignore it and say nothing. I =
learned a long time ago that if I put up with it they soon get bored and =
go away after 5 minutes.=20

As for the 100 teddy bears on top of the piano, I apologize afterwards =
to Madame that I couldn't quite remember which one went where when I put =
them back.

Last week I tuned 2 pianos in a church; it was "especially arranged" =
that the electricians would be there as well to replace all the =
lighting. Everything was a bit dark as they had the power off. However I =
took advantage of the multiple labour supply and enlisted some of them =
to help me tilt a piano on end so that I could fit a pair of safety =
castors.=20

When it comes to tuning backstage before a concert..........NO THANK =
YOU.

AF
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: antares=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:18 PM
  Subject: Re: "should I stay or should I go?"

  On the other hand Dave Skolnik,

  Most of the time we have no choice but to grin and ignore.
  I used to get incredibly furious, swear at people, stamp my feet or =
even walk away from the scene in terrible anger.
  And you know what?
  The years went by, and I am still tuning in the same conditions.
  And you know what?
  I don't care anymore.

  I ignore
  and=20